Online Workshop: Risk Management
in International Education
Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 from 1 pm to 4 pm Eastern
Presenter: Dave Bird, Expert on Risk Management in Education
You’re invited to join us for this three-hour workshop to help international education institutions identify risks, mitigate them and plan for success. This is a “must attend” for organizations across Canada in the international sector.
Who should participate:
- International education staff at colleges and universities
- Deans and vice presidents of international
- International managers at school districts
- Directors at private language schools and career colleges
- K-12 private schools with international students
- Managers at homestay agencies and programs
What we’ll be covering:
International education faces many risks that are not present in dealing with domestic students. World geopolitics or economic events can suddenly end a stream of students and revenue. Students may complain, demand refunds or even litigate because of alleged program failures.
There are risks associated with working with partners, including overseas educational institutions, recruiters and homestay agencies. Legal and cultural expectations dramatically vary across our world, involving such basics as vaccinations expectations, and dormitory and supervision standards, by way only of examples.
Contracts must be clear to parties working within these different legal and cultural environments. Can contracts with overseas organizations be enforced in Canada? The pandemic has brought a number of these risks to the forefront.
Here are some of the topics we will be covering:
- What are some of the risks in the international education sector?
- What causes risk?
- How can risk be mitigated?
- What is ‘force majeure‘, and how and when can this concept be legally enforced?
- Are the benefits worth the risk?
- Does risk justify the risk mitigation cost?
Be sure to join us for this session, which is only being offered once in 2022.
Cost: This webinar costs just $89 plus tax.
Register Now! It’s easy to register. Simply email us at doug (a) collegestreet.ca with your list of participants and we will send you an invoice.
Note: This workshop will guide international education programs in managing risks. It is not intended to provide legal advice.