– Recruiting great host families in competition with other programs and Airbnb
– Marijuana laws are changing. How will this impact students and hosts?
– Best practices in matching students and hosts
– Dealing with critical incidents in homestays
Be sure to attend our Professional Development Conference for Homestay Managers in Vancouver on March 1-2, 2018. The cost is just $595 plus tax.
This conference is a great opportunity for homestay coordinators and program managers to learn about best practices in homestay management, share ideas and network with colleagues.
Here is the complete agenda for the conference: Vancouver Homestay Conference 2018 – Draft Agenda
The feedback about the November 2017 Toronto conference was outstanding:
Participants rated the overall conference at 4.8 out of 5. That’s a score of 96 percent! Here are some of their comments:
- “I learned a lot and feel excited to implement many new things. It was easy to talk and share ideas in such a welcoming group. I’m so happy I came!”
- “Excellent! Will definitely come again!”
- “Once again, such a valuable conference. Thank you!”
- “Outstanding speakers all around.”
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
How many people will be attending? We are expecting 25-30 homestay and international program staff to attend. That means it will be big enough to share ideas but small enough to get to know everyone.
Will there be networking opportunities? Absolutely. We have added a networking reception on Thursday evening so that you can share ideas informally with colleagues. There will also be networking at lunch on Friday and during the coffee breaks.
Is there a special price for hotel rooms? Yes, there will be. Once you register for the conference, we will provide you with details on reserving your room.
I registered but now I can’t attend. What should I do? You are welcome to send a colleague in your place. Just let us know who will be attending. Unfortunately, we do not provide refunds.
Who should attend? The conference is designed for homestay managers, homestay coordinators and other homestay staff from high schools, language schools, colleges, universities and homestay companies. International student program managers may also wish to attend.