– Recruiting great host families in competition with other programs and Airbnb
– Student mental health and changing laws around marijuana
– Making sure you have addressed legal issues in homestays
– Tips for preventing homestay coordinator burnout
Be sure to attend our Professional Development Conference for Homestay Managers in Toronto on November 16-17, 2017.
This conference is a great opportunity for homestay coordinators and program managers to learn about best practices in homestay management, share ideas and network with colleagues.
Here’s what attendees had to say about the March 2017 Vancouver conference:
Participants rated the overall conference at 4.4 out of 5. That’s a score of 88 percent! Here are some of their comments:
- “It was a great conference!”
- “It was wonderful to compare notes with other people in the industry.”
- “The conference was an excellent professional opportunity. Thank you for organizing everything so well.”
Here’s the Toronto Homestay Conference 2017 – Preliminary Agenda
Registration costs just $595 plus tax (total $672.35).
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
How many people will be attending? We are expecting 25-30 homestay and international program staff to attend. That means it will be big enough to share ideas but small enough to get to know everyone.
Will there be networking opportunities? Absolutely. We have added a networking reception on Thursday evening so that you can share ideas informally with colleagues. There will also be networking at lunch on Friday and during the coffee breaks.
Is there a special price for hotel rooms? Yes, there will be. Once you register for the conference, we will provide you with details on reserving your room.
I registered but now I can’t attend. What should I do? You are welcome to send a colleague in your place. Just let us know who will be attending. Unfortunately, we do not provide refunds.
Who should attend? The conference is designed for homestay managers, homestay coordinators and other homestay staff from high schools, language schools, colleges, universities and homestay companies. International student program managers may also wish to attend.