Homestay Manager Professional Development Workshop
Friday, October 20, 2017
9 am to 4:15 pm
We are pleased to present this workshop for homestay managers, organized in conjunction with the Manitoba Council for International Education. This will be an excellent opportunity for professional learning, sharing ideas and networking.
Here are the topics we will be discussing in Winnipeg:
- Recruiting and screening to get outstanding hosts
- Mental health, eating disorders and digital addictions
- Improving communications and managing difficult conversations
- Protocols for moving a student or sending them home
- Case studies of challenging homestay situations
Special pricing is available for MCIE members. Conference fee is $140 plus tax:
Non-members can still participate! Conference fee is $340 plus tax:
Please contact me at douglasronson (at) yahoo.ca if you have any questions.